What does your social media image tell your prospects about you?
My client list of professionals is delightfully varied. From architects, to lawyers, to service professionals, to artists and musicians. They all have one desire - to look their best and convey a positive visual message. Whether it's your LinkedIn or Facebook page, a selfie done while you're driving just doesn't convey a lot of professionalism. Personality maybe, that you have a great smile - yes. And maybe some kids and animals too. But, and let's be honest, if you want me to hire you, let you handle my money, sell my home, train my staff, or get my attention in a field full of artists, that first impression is probably from your social media, and it better be impressive.
According to an article in CareerCast, by Martin Yale, "...up to 90% of human resources people say they check out social media profiles, especially LinkedIn and Facebook, before inviting a candidate in for an interview... As humans we are a very visual species, and in this new digital age, your headshot is invariably the first visual impression you make... A profile with a headshot will get many more clicks than a profile without one..."
The majority of people who come to me for this service invariably will comment, "I don't take good pictures."
My response is, "Lucky for you - I do."
Professional head shots are different from other sessions, both in time needed and product produced. While most of my clients prefer a studio session I can work environmentally. Environmental sessions may have an additional $50-100 charge depending on the location. (Yeah, doing your portrait on top of an oil storage silo is gonna cost you extra.)
Individual session at my location, 15-30 minutes, 2 retouched, resized for digital media, files for social media - $150
If your company, or you, can arrange to have 5 - 10 people come to my location, 15-30 minute session, 2 retouched, resized for digital media, files for social media - $100 each person.
If your company, or you, can arrange to have 10 or more people I will come to your location, 15-30 minute session, 2 retouched, resized for digital media, files for social media - $85 each person.
- A resized for digital media file is what you would use for your LinkedIn or facebook professional pages.
- In your session we'll do head shots and 3/4 shots as well.
- I can do a lot of work fairly fast, this isn't my first rodeo. But if you know that you want a longer session, tell me and we'll discuss it, and any extra fees.
- The fee doesn't include hair or makeup assistance; if that's needed I can bring in a makeup artist and you can pay their fee directly to them.
- If you want any additional files beyond the 2 included in the fee, they are $35 each.